Dr. Amal.A. Louis
MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCP (UK) CCST. Cardio (UK)
About the Doctor
Designation: Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
- Dr Amal Louis completed MBBS at Madras Medical College, Chennai in 1996 and left to UK in 1996 for higher training, spent 15 years in UK and has over 12 years experience in Cardiology in UK and now 4 yrs in India. He obtained Certificate of Completion of Specialist training (CCST) in Cardiology.
- Has worked in MIOT Hospitals Chennai and Apollo Hospitals Chennai and now working here at Kauvery Hospitals as a Senior Interventional Cardiologist.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Complex coronary interventions including Left Main stenting, bifurcation stenting and chronic total occlusions.
- Angioplasty for patients not suitable for bypass surgery or not keen on bypass surgery.
- Pacemaker implantation including biventricular pacemaker and implantable defibrillator (ICD) implantation for severe heart failure.
- Complex echocardiography including Transoesophageal echocardiography, Stress ECHO and Contrast ECHO
- Multislice CT Angiography
- Cardiac MRI.
- First to perform OCT guided Angioplasty in TamilNadu.
- Done a lot of research in heart failure and telemonitoring for heart failure.
- First in Europe to use Telemonitoring in heart failure patients.
- Pioneered Enhanced External Counterpulsation therapy (EECP) in UK, first in UK for patients with chest pain, few years before EECP was introduced in India.
- Has been priniciple investigator and co-investigator for various multicentre international randomized control trials.
- Has presented and been a faculty at various European and American cardiac society meetings.
- Has several publications on various peer reviewed international journals
- Member of Royal College of Physicians – UK
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians – Edinburgh , UK
- Member of British Cardiac Society
- Member of British Society of Interventional Cardiology
- Member of European Society of Cardiology